I'm back!

I made it home!  -like a month ago, but the time has gone so quickly!  It was an amazing trip on every level.  Kenya is a beautiful country and the people we met were so generous and loving.  We put on a conference for 300 Massai women and it was a big success.  There were 4 bible classes to attend as well as 2 main sessions daily.  There were meals provided and a craft time after the last service.  I mainly helped with crafts and doing prep work.  I loved meeting the women and seeing their love for God.  Here's a few pictures until I can get more written.

Mosquito nets in our hotel the first night we arrived in Nairobi

We headed out to the bush and stopped along to way to view the Great Rift Valley. Beautiful!



I attended a church far out in the bush and got to do the children's church along with another girl.  We didn't have a translator so we mainly sang songs and played games.  Very fun!

 New friends at camp
  



The Massai women love to sing and dance



The women were divided into church groups for photos.  Each woman received a copy of their photo.


The women are so generous!  The girl next to me gave me the necklace I'm wearing.


Worship during the service


At the start of each main session we handed out door prizes - skirts, perfume, jewelry.  They loved it!


 These women led worship while almost everyone else danced
  


The last day we passed out cake and teacups to each woman


These Massai guards protected our camp both day and night. 



So cute


 The roads were pretty rough. We needed some good drivers! - Not me :)
 

0 comments: