Planning and planning and planning..........

I'm figuring out that trusting God is a daily thing.  I can do really well one day, and then totally revert back to worry and anxiety the next.  I must confess that I've been feeling pretty bogged down by details and questions lately.  I'm trying to anticipate everything I need and plan for it.  That seems like a good thing, but I start second guessing every decision I have to make- anything from how much money to bring to my choice of bug spray or color of the clothes I'm packing.  I guess I'm wanting to feel safe by controlling whatever I can.  I think it's wise to be prepared, but somewhere in that process I stop trusting God to take care of me.  I'll never be at a place where I have perfect judgment and make no mistakes.  Thankfully, that's not a requirement.  I believe that God honors the desire to be obedient, and His work isn't limited by silly mistakes I may make.  He is in control of every situation and its outcome- I just need to remind myself of that fact continually.  I will do the best I can to be smart in my decisions, and leave the rest up to Him.  Besides, packing a blue skirt instead of a pink one probably won't have any eternal impact. :)

Proverbs 16:9
In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Please pray that I'll be able to trust the Lord for things both big and small - and feel His peace.

0 comments: