Garage Sale!

Today I joined 3 other women in having a garage sale to raise money for the trip! It was great to get to know the ladies better - 2 of them are also going to Kenya.  I had to work at noon, but got a few good hours in at the sale.  I didn't have a lot of big items to sell, but am pleased so far with the amount I've sold.  We're having the sale again tomorrow so I'm praying that God sends people our way. :)

I also got some good practical information about our trip. I think I'm going to start my packing list soon and start getting things together.  I learned that in the area we're traveling to, the norm is for women to wear skirts or dresses.  We're going to be following the same standards out of respect, so that means I need to get some skirts or dresses! I don't own many, so I'll be hitting some thrift stores to see what I can find.  We're allowed only one suitcase and will need to bring our own bedding.  They strongly recommend packing an extra set or two of clothes in your carry-on, in case your luggage is lost.  I'm told it's fairly common for people traveling to Africa to lose their luggage permanently. -praying I won't experience that.

It's all becoming so real to me! It's hard to believe that I have only a little over 6 weeks until we leave.  I'm sure the time is going to fly by.  I have so many things on my plate right now.  While I'm running around like crazy, I need to remember to take time to slow down and thank God for this amazing opportunity to trust Him. 

Prayer requests
~good sales tomorrow
~vaccinations on Monday!
~that my faith will grow through this process
~timing of details that need to come together -passport, money, plane tickets

Thank you so much for your prayers!

0 comments: