Preparations

I am still 6 weeks away from my trip, but I'm beginning to realize just how many things need to be done before I go.  It's a bit overwhelming. The main goal right now is focusing on making jewelry to sell at a garage sale and online.  Andrew has been amazing and is making journals to sell and setting up the online stuff.  As we were working on our projects last night, it hit me that it won't be enough.  Our efforts are good and necessary, but only with God working will they succeed.  It's not like God leads me to a certain point and I turn to Him and say, "thanks for the help, but I think I can take it from here." I am dependent on Him for every detail of this trip.  I have already seen Him working.  To even get into Kenya, it's a requirement that I be vaccinated for Yellow fever. As I began to call around, I couldn't find a clinic that could see me in my time-frame.  One nurse suggested I call the health department.  When I called, I was told that they are only given a certain allotment of the vaccine per month and all those doses were already spoken for.  About 30 minutes later, I got a call back from the nurse telling me that a dose was available and she could set up my appointment!  It would be easy to call it a coincidence, but I'm becoming more aware of God's hand working in little situations like that and I want Him to get the praise for it.  Pray that I'll have the faith to trust God to figure out the details.

0 comments: