He is risen!

I had a great Easter reflecting on what the resurrection means for me personally and for everyone.  We have a real living savior!  I don't have words of wisdom to share, just my own story and what Jesus and His resurrection means to me.

Soon after Andrew and I got married 7 1/2 years ago, we found out I was pregnant.  It was both exciting and scary, but we were trusting God through it.  At 5 months I went into preterm labor and was hospitalized. Aubrey was born a few days later. She was only 25 weeks and tiny. The doctors told us that we were in for a rough road, but that there was definitely hope. During her time in the hospital, I prayed more honestly than ever before. I pleaded with God for her life and health. I felt His peace. I just knew that it was all going to turn out fine. 

When she got sick and the doctors gave us the horrible news that there was nothing else they could do, I was dumbfounded and devastated. But along with the pain of losing our precious baby, was this feeling of disappointment - that we had been let down by God. Why had I experienced peace if this was going to be the outcome? What had been the point of all my prayers, or the prayers of family and friends? I had always learned that God was not my personal genie's lamp to be rubbed whenever I wanted something, but this seemed different. I wasn't asking for anything selfish was I? I was a mother pleading for the life of my child. These events sent me into a long period of doubt and bitterness. I began to believe that God didn't care and that it was pointless to pray. I struggled to reconcile what I had always been taught, with what I had experienced.

It's been a long time coming to the place I'm at now. God has faithfully pursued me and drawn me back to Him.  He has been teaching me to trust Him again. I still don't understand it all.  I don't know why she died when she did. It seems like her life was too short, but in light of eternity, all of our lives are a mere moment.  I know that God does care! -His love for all of us is so immense that He wasn't willing to let us die in our sin with no way out.  He gave His own son for us.  Jesus conquered death!  This life is so hard sometimes.  There will be trials, death, and heartbreak.  That's what makes my hope in Jesus so precious.  I will see Aubrey again. I can take comfort in the fact that this life is fleeting, and a day is coming when death and tears will be over.  It is a real living hope to me.  It also makes me want to use my short time to do something that will matter.  I want to share what Jesus has done for me.

God's love for the Masai women in Kenya is just as immense as His love for me or you.  I had been worrying about what do I possibly have to offer these women.  How am I qualified to go over and help them?  But I have realized that it's not about me or my qualifications.  The only thing I have to offer that is of any value is the hope that I have because of Jesus.  That is enough. 

I need prayer for this trip.  It is definitely stretching me and my faith.  The two biggest concerns I have right now are for my passport to come back on time, and for the finances for the trip.  I will be having a garage sale and am making jewelry to sell there and online.  Andrew is also making leather bags and journals to sell. 

Anyone wishing to support financially can send a tax deductible donation to

 Firewind Minsitries
1629 N. Washington Ave.
Springfield, MO. 65803

Please add my name and Kenya to the memo line to be sure it goes into the correct account. I am so grateful to everyone that is praying for me and for this trip.  Please check back often as I will be adding new prayer requests to the sidebar.

0 comments: