New trip info!

Our garage sale was a success! I sold alot of what I brought and am very pleased. I also got to meet Marigold, the woman planning the woman's retreat in Kenya.  She is actively looking for plane tickets for everyone going on the trip.  Starting in May is the busy season for travel to Africa, so flight prices generally go way up in price.  She has to constantly be searching for a sale, or promotion to get cheaper tickets.  I had to give the final approval that I'm definitely going on the trip so that when she sees a good price, she can purchase them on the spot.  If she waits even a few minutes they will be gone.  So I had a moment of wavering where I had to decide again to trust God and go forward.  After I said yes, I felt so encouraged and realized again that God is in control and He knows what I need.  I have never really needed to trust God before.  Of course He provides every blessing in my life, but most things I have some way of being able to take partial credit.  I"ll think, boy I hope God provides for me in this situation, but if He doesn't I can always go to plan b and figure it out myself.  With this trip, I don't have a plan b.  I don't have any way to say that I somehow made any of it happen.  I desperately need Him to guide me and provide, or it won't happen.  Sadly I'm realizing how most of life life has been set up to not really need God.  I want all that to change. 

I learned some awesome details about the trip! Once we arrive in Kenya, we'll be split into small groups and each visit different churches in the area to worship with them and help with the service.  We'll then have about 2 days to prepare for the retreat.  Marigold has all the teachers lined up but was lacking people to do prep work and behind the scenes stuff.  It was a pretty awesome moment, because my heart has been just to serve however I can when I'm there.  The retreat will be 3 days.  The goal is to show the women just how precious and valuable they are to God.  They have no rights, and no value in their society.  They'll be able to get a break from their hard labor and hear teaching, do crafts, worship, and have meals.  They will all go home with toiletry items as well as a gift. 

I'm blown away that I even have this opportunity! I am so very thankful that God invited me to trust Him in this.  I feel like I could have said no, and may have had an easier 2 months ahead of me - but I would be missing out on seeing His love and provision.  God certainly doesn't need me to minister to these women, but he's given me the chance to trust Him and be part of His work.  How awesome! How humbling.

Please continue to pray
~passport to arrive quickly
~for Marigold to find cheap tickets
~for all the details of the retreat to come together

Thank you!

0 comments: